Thursday, June 04, 2020

"Trumpet Flowers with Silver" Still life painting by Robin Weiss

"Trumpet Flowers and Silver"   16x12, oil   SOLD


While we are on the subject of floral still lifes...This painting was an experiment for me .....to see how effectively I could paint the air between the foreground subjects and the background floral, printed fabric,,,,,which was a pillow case.

I used my iconic Art Deco  coffee pot which has been in many still life set ups in the past. and some spring trumpet flowers I found growing in the lot across the street. While I was happy with the drafting and certain parts of the painting like the reflections and saturated color of the plate, the painting overall is a little confusing and busy. ......Think I could have simplified the backgound ....It's  always good practice ( as in writing) to find what can be edited out of a painting to make it a stronger design.

Hope you're not to busy to create some unique art of your own!  Stay safe and stay creative!


No comments: