Tuesday, October 25, 2022

"Kingston Marina" plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Kingston Marina" 9x12 oil on panel  SOLD


 It was spitting rain when I set up for this painting in Kingston. I probably would not have tried this scene in the rain but I was still painting for the Edmonds Plein Air Paintout and wanted a variety of subjects and atmosphere. in this case it worked out. I was happy with the line drawing and as I was painting the owner of the foreground boat walked up and told me a little about the boat being an east coast design. He liked the painting so far and said he would come to the gala opening on Friday.  As it turned out this was not one of the paintings picked to show in the exhibition and he did not show up at the opening....but a few days later he came to the gallery and asked about the painting and I was able to sell the work to him.  Something like this has happened to me several times painting on location and it is really encouraging!

Another reminder about Arts in the Woods coming up second weekend in November!!  =]  There will be many panels like this one to choose from at once a year studio sale prices! Click HERE for more info...  Hope to see you there!!




No comments: