Friday, October 21, 2022

"The Puyallup Arrives" Edmonds plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"The Puyallup Arrives" 11x14 oil on panel  $850
Available through the Cole Gallery
425-687-2787

 

I made a mistake in my last post.. This was the first painting I completed for the Edmonds Plein Air Paintout 2022..

 I got off the ferry walked up to get my panels stamped and then right back to the beach. It was a beautiful hot sunny day. I have taught several plein air workshops through the Cole Gallery and we always walk down to  Bracketts Landing to do the demo while everyone hangs out to paint.  I have painted the ferry from this location a few times so I thought it would be a good place to start. If you can nail a good ferry painting it can set the stage for the rest of the week. Not that it's easy because the ferry is only docked for about half an hour. It took three cycles for me to get this one. But hey, toes in the sand, beautiful beach, beautiful view....I wasn't exactly suffering... =]

 BTW, Cole Gallery is having a 20% off sale on a lot of the work currently in the gallery. They have some of the best representational artists working now and it may be a good time to pick up quality artwork at an affordable price!  

November is coming up and that means Arts in the Woods!  Always the second week in November This year the 11th, 12th and 13th. Look for the yellow Arts in the Woods signs to direct you to participating studios or better yet, come to the Knowles Studio to start off the tour and we can provide you with maps and a cup of hot cider!  =]   Plus some amazing art from local artists. Check out the CAFN website for more info and to match up artists with the studio they will be displayed in HERE








No comments: