Sunday, October 30, 2022

"Reflection Lake" with Mount Shuksan original oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Reflection Lake"  with Mount Shuksan 12x24 oil on panel

 

Continuing on with paintings that have slipped through the cracks is this studio work from last years trip up to Artists Point in the Mount Baker National Park. In fact after researching my files and checking the gallery pages of those representing my work I am not sure what happened to this painting! Pretty sure it sold! 

It seems the last couple times I have been up to Artists Point there has been smoke in the air from wildfires. Last year the smoke came from as far away as Canada.  This year there was smoke too from fires closer in the Cascades. It makes for interesting atmosphere but would sure rather not have those fires!

This view of Shuksan from Picture Lake has been painted many times by myself and other artists. You would think I'd get tired of it but when you get up there and get out of your car and walk around the lake it is hard not to try and capture the majesty of this iconic northwest scene.

 

No comments: