Tuesday, November 15, 2022

"Eglon Beach" original plein air painting by Robin Weiss

Eglon Beach  6x8 oil on panel   SOLD

 

Another painting that sold at Arts in the Woods studio tour last weekend.  Think I mentioned that 6x8 panels are handy for those plein air outings when you are limited on time and this was one of those. I had a little time to paint and went down to a favorite location on the way to Hansville. This little beach is off the radar of most folks that aren't familiar with the area so it is usually pretty empty.

A great location to practice designing with driftwood!!  I have been working on this challenge for years now. It's getting easier for me to suggest distant driftwood and use the foreground logs to draw you into the scene. Although I only spent maybe half an hour on this painting what I was shooting for in design worked pretty good. This is a study that can be worked into a successful larger studio work and I may do that!!

No comments: