Thursday, November 10, 2022

"Morrowstone Point" original plein air painting by Robin Weiss

Morrowstone Point  6x8 oil on panel  SOLD

 

It's a challenge to get the immensity and majesty of some scenes you experience in nature down to a panel that is 6x8 inches. sometimes it works and other times, not. I think it worked in this piece and was confirmed when the painting sold yesterday in a presale before Arts in the Woods studio tour 2022. I have a whole box of these panels that will be for sale this weekend.

I often pull out a 6x8 when painting conditions outside are sketchy. When the weather is not cooperating or time constraints only give you a few minuets. This painting was done in about 20 mins. The other big challenge is translating a small study into a large studio painting. If I ever get stretch of free painting time I might try it with this composition...... I'll keep you updated!  

No comments: