Wednesday, September 18, 2024

"Scenic Island Barns" Whidbey Island Plein Air painting by Robin Weiss

"Scenic Island Barns"  11x14 oil  $800

 

I saw this scene the first day that I painted at Scenic Isle Farm. When I came back the second day the wheelbarrow was gone!  With the wheelbarrow this composition had all the elements I look for. A lead in,(the dirt road) a triad of subjects to provide story and interest. Some foreground texture to provide variety of brushwork and textures.   I had to use my photos from the day before to add the wheelbarrow.

I painted a lot on Whidbey! I have one more to post before moving on to the Edmonds and Beyond Plein Air competition.  Thanks for all the encouraging feedback I have been getting!  Hope you enjoy these Whidbey Island paintings.  =]




No comments: