Friday, September 20, 2024

"Marrowstone Island" Edmonds and Beyond plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Marrowstone Island"  8x16 oil on panel  $750

 

This year marks the third annual Edmonds and Beyond Plein Air Paintout. The Cole Gallery in Edmonds, WA has started a new plein air painting competition masterminded by Denise Cole and Scott Jones that is starting to get the attention of artists around the country. 

The competition boundaries always include Edmonds and Kingston on the Kitsap Peninsula but also designate a "Beyond" that this year included "The Islands of Washington"  Good news for me as some of my favorite painting locations are on islands near to where we live.

Fresh back from the Whidbey Island Plein Air Paintout I had to re-group, clean up and organize my gear then hop on the ferry and head over to Edmonds to get my panels stamped.  I stopped at the Edmonds Marsh to get one under the belt but it was a stinker. I decided to start fresh in the morning and drove across the Hood Canal bridge to a favorite spot along Puget Sound. The above painting is actually painted on Indian Island but the view is of Marrowstone Island. 

Feeling like I got a decent painting the game was on..  The competition is now over but you can still see the exhibition and the award winners at the Cole Gallery in Edmonds through October 14th.




No comments: