Monday, September 02, 2024

"Ala Spit Trail" Whidbey Island Plein Air painting by Robin Weiss

"Ala Spit Trail"  9x12 oil on panel  $600

 

My second painting at Ala Spit on the first morning of the Whidbey Island Plein Air. 

I love to use trails like this for lead ins to paintings especially if you can continue on into the distant landscape. In this case imagining yourself emersed in the beauty of the Pacific Northwest.

My son Maury and I entered the competition together. I am an early riser and he is a late sleeper. It works out pretty good that way. I get up at 5am drive to a location, set up and do a few paintings. Maury texts me to see where I am and we paint together. He came out to Ala Spit for my third painting and did a pretty good one of his own. In fact Maury's painting ended up with the Second Place award!  Not bad!





No comments: