Sunday, December 14, 2008

"Close of Day" Bremerton . landscape oil painting

I worked late in Bremerton last week.....the night was clear and the stars were out, so after finishing the job, I walked around the back alleys taking pictures in the dark......good thing I'm not a photographer!!......but I was able to do some sketches from the barely discernible images....The economic crisis as effected my work but it is hard to be discouraged when I have all this extra time to paint!!! sold
From the sketch book......

6 comments:

splynch said...

This is lovely! Sometimes I think the main reason I paint is because I am such a lousy photographer, sometimes you can do so much more with paint.

Robin Weiss said...

I agree Sarah!..Thanks!...and I love digital!...no more developing and paying for all those lousy photos...=]

silvina said...

Oooh, mysterious and dramatic. I love it!

I used to spend hundreds on developing film, and all I would get would be maybe 3 good shots out of it. Love, love, love digital cameras.

Robin Weiss said...

We Love our digital cameras!! Hope you get a new one for Christmas! Thanks Silvi!

Aslam said...

Your art work is attractive and beautiful as compare to other artist work,i am also a artist my art work is presented in form of these cards on this website.
Plastic card printing
Gift card printing
Loyalty cards printing
PVC card printing

Simon Jones said...

Another great atmospheric painting.Really love this stuff.