Wednesday, December 31, 2008

"The View from Rockaway Beach" seascape oil painting


They say there is another big storm brewing.....and it is coming in tonight!....with lots of rain and WIND!........sheesh!........I have lots of BIG trees close to my house and the ground is saturated now so I am praying there is no damage here....
I am posting this painting I did about a month ago because it looks like a storm brewing......It was one of those paint overs ( unsuccessful painting that I worked over with paint left on my palette at the end of the day).....A view from Rockaway Beach on Bainbridge Island.
10x12 oil on panel
I'll be setting up my Checkers show in the next few days...come if you can.....Checkers is in the Haven Way walkway in down town Poulsbo...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Robin
All's well that ends well. A succesful rescue, I'd say. You have conveyed the very ominous mood of a coming storm.

Joni

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Joni! The big storm didn't turn out to be much....this time....thankfully....

Vikki North said...

It sure does look like a storm is a brewing. (Nice work, Robin)

I wish I could come meet you and see your work. I feel like I know you.

We've been in a nonstop fog bank here. The sun breaks through for only a hour or two. It's actually kind of comforting and cozy.
Vikki

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Vikki!...It would be great to meet you in person!..but don't try the pass over the mountains now!!...=/..

I love fog...it makes everyday scenes, magical and mysterious....and fun to paint!