Saturday, May 23, 2020

"Playing at the Point" Point no Point, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Playing at the Point"  18x24 oil on linen   $1400






"Refuge of Tide and Time"

Early in March I went to a favorite painting spot about 20 minuets from our house on the Kitsap Peninsula. The Point no Point Lighthouse. I have been coming to this historic and unique location in the Pacific Northwest for over 30 years to beach comb, play with the kids as they were growing up, hike , fish and paint! I've collected driftwood here over the years to build funky birdhouses that I sold at farmers markets. I haven't done that for awhile now....except lately...I built a standing birdhouse sculpture for a "call to artists" from the Port Angeles Fine Art Center . We will see if it gets accepted...If it does it will be installed in the Websters Wood Sculpture Park at the center and will be for sale.  Hope you will get a chance to see it there!

I took a a lot of photo reference when I was at the Lighthouse Beach back in March painting the scene in an earlier post, "Winter at the Point" The painting above was done from from those photos and using my plein air studies for color accuracy.

I love to paint the driftwood on the beach! If you go back through my posts over the years you will see many paintings using driftwood as design elements to draw the viewer into the scene and direct the eye around the painting. For me, it also evokes the feel of the salt air and marine atmosphere of the Pacific Northwest the very best!

This painting along with a group of other recent work is available through the Cole Gallery in Edmonds Washington.  You can contact Denise at this number to find out more info on purchasing this work and viewing more paintings of my art journeys here and abroad....

Cole Gallery  425-697-2787

Stay safe and stay creative!  =]


No comments: