Tuesday, October 12, 2021

"Admiralty Head Lighthouse 2021" Whidbey Island plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Admiralty Head Lighthouse 2021"  10x20 oil on panel     Sold

 

I have painted this scene so many times now I just titled it the same as the others with the date added. Ha!

It is a great view of the lighthouse on Whidbey Island. Hard to resist! I painted it with snow on the ground one year during a freak snow storm. Sometimes you just need a long format canvas for compositions like this. I was able to get the distant point of land near Ebeys Landing which takes you through the painting and into the distance. This one will also be in the November group show at the Scott Milo Gallery.


I had to go back to 2013 to find the post from the freak snow storm. Not all my paintings get posted to the blog and there have been several of this lighthouse that didn't make it...Click HERE to see another version of this well known scene and the full story.

Be sure to subscribe to my blog so you don't miss information on upcoming shows and workshops. 

Happy Trails!  =]



No comments: