Friday, February 16, 2024

"Sailing with the Brothers" original oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Sailing with the Brothers"  36x36 oil on canvas framed  $3500
Available through Alki Arts   206-295-5115


So if you have been following my blog this painting may seem familiar. As far back as 2014 I painted a small version of it that generated a lot of comments and likes then sold quickly. A few years later I did another small version which also sold, so when a long time collector asked if I would do a larger version on a 36x36 format to fit a particular location in a new home in Seattle I figured it was win win. I made the painting to their requested specifications and it did not meet their expectations. My policy has always been that if clients do not like the finished painting they are not obligated to buy it as long as the painting is not a portrait or personal object or house ect. In other words if it is a subject that anyone would appreciate then I would offer it to my other galleries.  That is what happened to this painting. In the process I have painted over this painting about three times now. Altering it a bit in value, saturation and paint application trying to give it that spark of life. You can judge for yourself whether I achieved that .  You can see this painting in person at Alki Arts in West Seattle where it has gone full circle back to it's roots. The image taken that was reference for this work was on the beach at Alki with the Olympic mountains in the distance.  

Call Diane at Alki Arts for more info at 206-295-5115


No comments: