Friday, April 26, 2024

"LaConnor Boats" LaConnor plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"LaConnor Boats" 8x16 oil on panel  $800

 

I spent a couple days in Skagit County in early April just as the daffodils were coming out. It was a Plein Air Washington Artists Pop-Up Paintout and we had a pretty good turnout!  We gathered each day at the Seaside Gallery and then went out to paint. On the second day I set up on the canal side walkway to do this scene. It's not the first time I have painted this view of the canal. It just makes for a good composition and the red building adds nice color harmonies. 

If I can get some frames in time I will have this painting up on the wall at the Front Street Gallery for my Featured Artist Exhibition. Hope to see you at Poulsbo's Second Saturday Artwalk in May!  Call for more info  360-779-3940

No comments: