Monday, April 01, 2024

"Morning Walk at Riverbend Park" plein air landscape painting by Robin Weiss

"Morning Walk at Riverbend Park"
12x9 oil on panel   sold

After the opening festivities consisting of the "Quick Draw , panel stamping and the artists awards and greeting we all dispersed around Martin and Palm Beach counties to start creating artwork to adorn the beautiful gallery space at the Lighthouse Art Center in Tequesta Florida.

My first stop was a favorite location from years past, Riverbend Park. I decided to spend the whole day there to avoid wasting too much time driving and looking instead of painting. It's a strategy I have discussed in other blog posts about competition painting and works good for me. Plan ahead for the next days location, go there early and spend the whole day making paintings in that spot. Once you have a few good paintings under your belt then you can take more risks driving around and looking for opportune scenes.




Going to Riverbend was a good move. I completed my favorite work there and while I won no awards I did sell three of them with the above painting given as a thank you gift to our wonderful host family.






 

No comments: