Thursday, April 04, 2024

"Old Time Jam at Riverbend Park" plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Old Time Jam at Riverbend Park"
12x9 plein air oil   Sold

 

I came across a great plein air opportunity while painting in Riverbend Park during the 11th Annual Plein Air Festival hosted by the Lighthouse Art Center in Tequesta Florida.  I love painting these cabanas that provide shade and rain cover for the picnic areas at this park. I painted them last time I participated in this festival 5 years ago. 





This year I ran across a group of musicians filling the park with joyful tunes.  They were all part of a nation wide Old Time Jams music organization that send out locations and meeting times on a special app and you can just show up and play along. I was looking forward to a pleasant painting session while listening to some great live music. Perfect! 





No comments: