Wednesday, April 24, 2024

"Bywater Bay" original plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Bywater Bay"  8x16 oil on panel    $900

 

These days I am longing to get back outside to paint!  I have been stuck in the studio painting for upcoming shows and preparing for workshops. All that is good stuff don't get me wrong but painting outside is what I love most!  

"Bywater Bay" was done earlier this year at a favorite location pretty near to home. At the end of Seven Sisters Road on the Olympic Peninsula is a protected bay with a long narrow land bridge to an Island that has homes only accessible by boat.  The beach is nearly always deserted and a great place to paint!

This painting will be on display at the Front Street Gallery in May as part of a featured artist exhibition of recent and past work.  Stop by during Second Saturday Artwalk in May to see the work and talk about what inspires me artistically.  

No comments: