Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Creek Fall" waterfall, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Creek Fall" 14x10 oil on canvas
On the way back from the ocean there is a long drive around Crescent Lake. There are many beautiful scenes as you bank the turns following the shore line. What always catches me veering into the opposite lane as I crane my neck around to look are these magical little waterfalls, especially in the winter, that cascade down to the lake. I had to pull over and capture this one. I tried my best to simplify and create a mood here .......Over-worked?

 I have completed about six or seven waterfall paintings. You can see the one I think was the best here.....and it is in the middle of Seattle!


Richard Schmid is a master of landscape painting. I received his new book, "The Landscapes" for my birthday. In It are several examples of waterfall paintings that will certainly inspire you to give them a try! You can down load some of Richards instructional videos on painting here

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I don't think it is over-worked at all! I love it!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Elaine! That's encouraging!

Shelley Whiting's art said...

The waterfall is very loose and expressive. You captured the movement of water very well. A beautiful and exciting work.