Monday, March 19, 2012

"Viaduct Afternoon" Seattle cityscape,oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Viaduct Afternoon" 12x8 oil on panel SOLD
I'm back to painting city scenes for our upcoming show at Alki Arts in June. My son Maury and I will be collaborating in this father and son show to celebrate Fathers Day. Maury has graduated from the Art Institute of Seattle and is mostly working digital...(You can see his work here). However he has agreed to join me in this exhibition with some traditional artwork..

 I even got him out of his computer cave in Belltown for some studio time with the Old Man...


It is always great meeting like minded artists. Last week I went over to meet a friend I met on Facebook who also enjoys painting city scenes of Seattle. Having the background of architectural illustration he's good at it too! William hook is spending his free time these days doing fine art paintings of Seattle and environs in watercolor. You can see his excellent work here. Thanks for giving me the tour of your working space Bill!

 By the way, if you have been linked to my site before and are wondering why you're not any more it is because I lost all my links when I updated to the new template. I am slowly adding most of the links back as I remember them. Feel free to give me a shout if you would like a link.



4 comments:

Lavon said...

Robin, love your latest painting!! I hear the viaduct will shortly be no more. Sad thing, but perhaps for safety necessary with earthquakes and rising sealevel. Wish I could be in Seattle for your show with your son. Best of luck!!
love, Lavon Maestas

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Lavon! Seattle waterfront will be different without the viaduct for sure! Hope to meet you some day!

Darrell Anderson said...

Love the color harmony and the brushwork in this one. Another winner.

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Darrell! Look forward to paintin with you in the Bitteroot!