Friday, March 30, 2012

"Run for Cover" Seattle cityscape by robin weiss

"Run for Cover" 7x7 oil on panel. Seattle cityscape, by Robin Weiss  Sold
Seattle is known for it's rain and we have had plenty this spring! I love to be in the city when it is pouring down rain! All the reflections and umbrellas come out . Nature does the job of softening edges and muting colors that makes for great painting. I have completed a small series of rainy day studies featuring the famous Seattle Pergola in the heart of Pioneer Square.
 The elaborate Iron Pergola was erected in 1909 as a stop for the Yesler and James Street Cable Car Company. This waiting shelter was the most lavish of its kind west of the Mississippi with ornamental iron columns, wrought iron ornamentation and a large underground restroom. The pergola was designed by Seattle architect Julian Everett.
  Here is another Pergola painting from the archive which received a lot of attention.


7 comments:

steinaei.blog.is said...

I love this painting with its rainy atmosphere one can really feel the rain.

jessie rasche art gallery said...

I love the way you paint water on the sidewalks and streets! It makes me homesick. :) Beautiful painting, again, Robin.

Unknown said...

What a precious gem this is. I love it!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Steinunn! If you can feel the rain, I have achieved my goal!

Robin Weiss said...

Jessie, Thanks! Come home for a visit! .....but wait till June...=]

Robin Weiss said...

Hi Sheila! Thank you!

Lavon said...

Robin, Love this sweet painting. You must be using dainty little brushes to do this! You have inspired me to attempt some plein air. I went this weekend to the Malpais near Grants, NM and spent 1/2 the day doing some pastel work. My hubby went along and did hiking and photos. Thank you for getting me outside!!!