Tuesday, March 06, 2012

"Old and New" Plein air landscape painting by Robin Weiss

All things must change.....Right!  But man it is hard for me to change old habits and ingrained routines!...I have had my old blogger template since 2006!...virtually everyone has updated their blogger formats but me....Keeping things fresh is crucial in this business .....so after getting fed up with the problems I have been encountering with my old blogger interface I finally updated to a new one...Let me know what you think?

I really want to be open to change and keeping things fresh with my artwork too..I think one of the keys to that will be to get out in the field more this year. I have a couple workshop trips planned starting with the First Annual Plein Air Convention and Expo in April. I am also looking forward to joining my friend and fellow painter Darrell Anderson in Montana for the Bitterroot Workshop later in the fall.  Until then I will be getting out between commissions..
  These pines are out in the field by the studio....Unfortunately they are dying ...So I wanted to paint them before they are removed.
My pallet consists of Ultramarine blue, Cad Red, Hansa Yellow and Titanium White. 
8x10 oil on panel.

8 comments:

Diane Klock said...

Very nice feeling of light.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Diane! It was a beautiful sunny day! We are finally getting some!

Roger Morris said...

I like the new format and header. The neutral dark gray sets off the artwork well. I also really like the idea of your limited palette. Even using just two reds, two yellows, two blues, and a couple of earth tones as I've tried to do, makes my head spin. Plus, you got such a great painting with it!

Robin Weiss said...

Thanks Roger! I have been using that palette for awhile now and it really simplifies a lot of things....plus it is easier to remember how I got to a hue if I need to mix some more!

steinaei.blog.is said...

Your painting is great, lovely blends of colors Robin but I was wondering about your set up, I noticed how you set up your umbrella, very handy, may I ask what kind of easel you are using?

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Steinunn! The easel is homemade out of an aluminum clip board. It has many difficulties so I suggest you get a good one from one of the art outfitters.

William R. Moore said...

Robin,
I like The way you have composed/designed your motif (not a so apparent subject). I also like the colors and the look of a loose, spontaneous application of paint.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you William!