Monday, June 04, 2012

"Feels Like Seattle" Seattle city, urban oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Feels Like Seattle"14x18 oil on canvas SOLD
"Pond at Allair Farm" 14x18 oilon canvas
 Sometimes I paint over old paintings that haven't sold and are, well....old....I hate to have old stuff hanging around that takes up valuable space. Sometimes I need a canvas quick and will grab the first old painting handy. That's the case here. I had this photo ref,  suddenly realized it's potential and needed a canvas so I snatched this painting from the "old" box.
  At the time, in 2009,  I really liked this painting and had some good comments about it. It showed in all the galleries but didn't sell. Now it has been buried beneath another painting in sort of a time capsule to be discovered some day in the future!!


 Looking forward to exhibiting with my son Maury at the upcoming Father/Son show at Alki Arts! We will both be there for the opening on Thursday , June 14th from 6:00pm-9:00pm. Stop by if you get the chance!
Maury PA painting

Seattle by Maury

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love this one the best! You capture the feel of a rainy day in Seattle like no one else...awesome painting!

ashok said...

lovely works

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Annie!


Thanks for visiting Ashok! Much appreciated!