Tuesday, March 12, 2019

"The San Patricio" Seattle city, oil painting by Robin Weiss

"The San Patricio"  18x24  oil on linen    Sold


Seattle is changing rapidly!!  They are in the process of tearing down the viaduct right now after years of tunneling under the city to replace outdated infrastructure. The waterfront will be transformed and Seattle as I have known it will be very different.
 There are still pockets of the city that remain as they have for decades. Post alley is one of those places. This scene of the San Patricio  restaurant in Post Alley near Pike Place Market has sold but is still on display in a featured artist exhibition at the Michael Birawer Gallery. Stop by and check out my recent Seattle city paintings if you get the chance. There will be a closing reception and "Happy Hour with Robin"  on March 23rd from 4-8pm. The Michael Birawer Gallery is located on First St. next to the Alexis Hotel and just a block down from the sky bridge to Coleman Dock.

Nil's Place 


As I said in my last post we have had a real winter in the Pacific Northwest this year with a couple good snow storms that blew through and stayed awhile.....Pretty unusual here these days
I was snow bound for about a week but because we had fair warning that snow was coming I brought my paints and gear home and was able to get a lot of work done in my home studio .

I was even able to get out and paint in the neighborhood a couple times.  This little plein air was done on Sawdust Hill Rd not far from our place during a lull in the storm.  My old friend Nils came out to see what I was doing at ended up buying the painting! 

Hope you get the chance to get out and paint too!


Here is a list of events I will be participating in this year along with as many PAWA paintouts that I can get to.  If you don't know what PAWA is, check out the website HERE. Hope to see you at one of events!!

I am participating in a group show at the Scott Milo gallery in Anacordes, WA during the month of March . If you are in the area stop by! This is an excellent galley featuring many representational artists in the area.To inquire about this work call Katherine at 360-293-6938

I will be talking about my process and doing a demo painting for the Port Ludlow Art League at the Port Ludlow Bay Club on March 20th  at 1:00pm . Guests are welcome to attend for $5. More info here  http://www.portludlowart.org/next-meetin/

Very happy to be a participating artist in the Two Rivers Plein Air competiton and sales event this year taking place in New Braunfels, Texas, April 30th-May3rd 2019. For more info on this event click this link  https://www.tworiverspleinair.com/

Also excited about participating in the 26th Carmel Art Festival in Carmel by the Sea , CA  May 17th through the 19th .  For more info on this fun event click on this link http://www.carmelartfestivalcalifornia.com/

There are lots more adventures on the calendar this year including a lifetime dream to paint in Europe as part of Workshops in France.  I will be posting more about these events as they get closer...

Thanks for following along on my artistic journey!  Have a fun summer!

No comments: