Friday, March 15, 2019

"To the Ferry" Seattle city oil painting by Robin Weiss

"To The Ferry" 14x9 oil on panel   $800

I seek out rainy days to travel by ferry to Seattle, then wander the streets risking damage to my camera and taking lots and lots of pictures for reference. It's just fun for me!
I love to try and capture the look of reflected light in the wet streets and the gestures of passing pedestrians with their many colored umbrellas. I've done a bunch of these paintings! You can still view this one at the Michael Birawer Gallery in downtown Seattle , located at 1003 1st Ave right next to the Alexis Hotel. Storyville Coffee is on the other side...a great place to recharge after seeing the local art at MBG....Enjoy!!



"Painting the Guardian Stone"

Recently I have been working with the good folks at the Peninsula Music and Arts Society in my home town of Poulsbo, WA to host Paint Out Poulsbo again this year.

 It will be a juried art show and open plein air competition for students and professionals. The proceeds from this event will be used to fund scholarships for the arts. I will be posting more on this event as time gets closer. If you are interested in joining us or even registering your grandkids....like we are , put this in your phone calendar for June 1st 2019!

"Painting the Guardian Stone" was a plein air painting I did during POP 2018.  It shows my grandson Chase, creating his award winning painting in that event.
This year I will register my grand daughter Brooklyn.
You should enter yours too! Hope to see you there!









No comments: