Wednesday, July 04, 2012

"Bee Life" oil painting by Robin Weiss

"Bee Life" 4x10 oil on linen panel
Before we get to my plein air work I wanted to catch up on a few paintings that just kinda happen in between other stuff.....like this one.....I found this dead bee on the windowsill and set it aside for future consideration. Then one rainy day, looking for inspiration, I pinned the dead bee to a piece of foam core and decide to try and paint it alive....Then I taped a just-beginning-to-bloom, lavender flower under it for some reference....Turned out better than I thought it would.....and it was a great learning experience! 

4 comments:

Carol Flatt said...

Very clever, Robin. Everything looks as fresh as if it were still in the meadow! I love it!!

Lavon said...

what a nifty idea! very pretty painting as a result. may the bee live on in your lovely painting...8)

Dottie T Leatherwood said...

what a fabulous idea! beautiful little painting!

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Carol! Wasn't sure I could pull it off but hey, trying something different can get the creative juices working!

Thank you Lavon! May the bees live!!

Hi Dottie! Thanks!