Monday, July 02, 2012

"Red Rhodies #8" plein air, floral, watercolor painting by Robin Weiss

"Red Rhodies #8  SOLD
Okay friends, last watercolor!. This series loosened me up and got me refocused on painting outside. The weather is slowly changing to sun and shadows again and I will be doing more plein air.

If you enjoy watercolor painting and are interested in learning more about working in this medium outside, check out Catherine Gills website. She has an excellent instructional book out that has great tips on painting "en plein air" .  I am excited about attending her workshop in Montana this October!

3 comments:

Lavon said...

love your purple splash of a shadow. it balances so nicely against the yellow rhodie. good job!

Ann said...

This is my favorite! You saved the best for last...=]...

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

GORGEOUS! the colors are so beautiful and the way you used your watercolors
delights my eyes.