Friday, July 20, 2012

"Spanish Building" Edmonds plein air painting by Robin Weiss

"Spanish Building" 6x8 oil on linen panel
I completed three plein air paintings the day I did "White House"  It was a good day for me! Actually, I have been on a plein air painting roll lately....so much so that I am having a hard time getting all my paintings posted to the blog!...I am way behind!!.
   I called this painting "Spanish Building" because that's what it looks like to me. Its behind the main street in sort of an alley and the afternoon sun creates great color and shadows. The first time I tried to paint this subject I was chased off by an irate pair of crows who were nesting in the big tree on the left!
Tracy and Denise at Art Spot
 
By the way, on the front side of this building, on the main street in Edmonds is a new art supply store called Art Spot. It is owned by Denise Cole of Cole Gallery and run by Tracy Felix Fraker . they are a very friendly pair of gals and can help with any art supplies you may need. Tracy very graciously allowed me to store my PA pack mule, "pedro" in the back while I went to check out the Edmonds Art Festival. Thanks Tracy! ...and thanks Denise for opening this great resource for artists in Edmonds!

4 comments:

Sherry Schmidt said...

Beautiful colors and light. Perfect cars too!

Marian Fortunati said...

Nice job, Robin... I like the simplicity of strokes and the notan!!

LS Nelson said...

What an eye you have!And your brushstrokes! Everything you do is exceptional.

Robin Weiss said...

Thank you Sherry, Marian and LS! You made my day!